Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Taste of Honey


Baked Brie cheese topped with orange liqueur, raisins, and honey is a superfast, yet
elegant appetizer that's perfect for taking to parties.





I chose to call this a "creamy vinaigrette", because it's not quite a thick dressing, like say ranch dressing, but still has that creamy feel for which poppy seed dressing is known...





My sister shared this recipe with me several years ago. I like that you can prepare your meat the day before you want to grill. It is very simple and inexpensive. It is also gluten-free.





This is a crock pot meal. My thoughts on the crock pot are, “why not?" It offers you a great slow cooked meal and you don’t have to babysit it. No lifting the pot every 30 minutes to stir or re-glaze, it’s a “set it and forget it situation.” I should be using it more often.






 I found this recipe last evening, and I could’t wait and tried it right away. First, it took me only 5 minutes to whip up the batter. Second, the bread is insanely tasty – buttery, honey, malty…..Not any traditional white bread can compare with. TRY THIS!







 
This cake ...is a different texture, slightly chewy like a sponge cake. I drizzled some honey over my slice to add some sweetness.

No comments: