Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Screen Doors, Sweet Tea & Warm Summer Breezes....


Notes from A Cottage Industry: Inspiration Friday-First impressions
We're talkin' curb appeal, baby. The ability for your home to say, "Welcome, leave your worries at the door, friendly folks live here" just by a glance at ...





Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook ~ Martha Hall Foose

"This is one cookbook I would proudly have in my kitchen! It has great information and wonderful recipes!"—Paula Deen, Food Network host and bestselling cookbook author

The warm, languid air of the South filters through this engaging book, in which Foose shares the traditional recipes that she ate while growing up on the Mississippi Delta and has returned to after training as a pastry chef in France and traveling the world. Gently humorous stories about family and friends form a seamless part of her instructions for community recipes like Strawberry Missionary Society Salad, as well as pleasant surprises like Tabbouleh, Curried Sweet Potato Soup, and Chinese Grocery Roast Pork that take Southern food beyond stereotypes....





Jasmine Auriculatim Bush

The aroma from a beautiful jasmine bush, the sun in your hair and a warm summer breeze. . . what are you plans this summer?



Seals & Croft - "Summer Breeze" 1972

See the curtains hanging in the window
In the evening on a Friday night
A little light a-shining through the window
Lets me know everythings alright

Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind

See the paper lying on the sidewalk
A little music from the house next door
So I walk on up to the door step
Through the screen and across the floor

Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom
July is dressed up and playing her tune
When I come home from a hard days work
And you're waiting there, not a care in the world

See the smile a-waiting in the kitchen
Food cooking and the plates for two
Feel the arms that reach out to hold me
In the evening when the day is through

Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind

No comments: